Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Where Have You Come From?

My first efforts at scrapbooking
I wouldn’t call myself a “great” scrapbooker, nor would I say I am naturally creative or artistic. For me, the majority of my layouts are a struggle!  Mostly it will take me hours but sometimes it can take me days, and often I will leave projects unfinished. I’m sure that many of you will relate.
My abilities as a scrap-booker have improved with the simple method of practice makes perfect over a long period of time (6 years in fact). These days I am flattered that some people think what I create is praise-worthy, and I’m proud of most of the projects I complete.
More of the early days
So for those of you who are overwhelmed, or comparing your layouts to those that grace the glossy pages of magazines, I want to share where I’ve come from in terms of my scrapping journey, and reassure you that persistence pays off!
The first layouts that I completed by myself are pretty cringe-worthy, but I love comparing and knowing that I have improved my skills. Hopefully with the passage of time, my scrappy projects will be even better!

This is one of my most recent efforts

My little bit of advice …… just get started!  That’s right, put that magazine down, turn the internet off, stop dreaming about those embellishments and get to creating!!!!

Oh and when your done, look back over your old scrappy projects and be impressed about where you've come from on your scrapping journey!

                                                        Fleur x

No comments:

Post a Comment