Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who Is Dizzy Izzy???

We are a duo of craft addicts who are totally addicted to scrapbooking, cardmaking and just about every other craft we come across. We hope we inspire you by sharing our passion.


After our beloved Scrapbook store - Scrapbook HQ (SHQ) - closed its doors almost two years ago we were devastated. So on the Saturday night of the last retreat, sleep deprived, running solely on sugar, and after some persuasion from SHQ's Kate, we decided to take a massive leap of faith and add another challenge to our already busy lives.


We now run weekend retreats at the Tops Conference Centre in the beautiful Stanwell Tops. We also sell lots of lovely scrapbooking supplies and other goodies direct from some of our favorite suppliers including, Prima, American Crafts, Studio Calico, Crate Paper, Bo Bunny, Bazzill and Pink Paislee. We hope you can join us at one of our retreats.


The Dizzy Izzy Girls


Hi I’m Fleur and Dizzy Izzy is my alter ego - thanks to my dear hubby who nicknamed me Izzy... This nickname is due to my first name being Iza - one of those horrible inherited family names which became a bit confusing with three generations of Iza’s living under the same roof - so I go by my middle name - Fleur. Darling hubby soon lengthened it to Dizzy Izzy due to all the random "dizzy" things I do.


Yes I may have been known to pour cereal in my tea-cup, and re-cook a store bought cake (plastic and all) that I’d forgotten I’d hidden in the oven, to keep out of sight of the birthday girl.


I’m a scrap -addict of about 5 years - thanks to my dear friend Tracey. Tracey introduced me to the wonderful world of scrapbooking and our beloved Scrapbook HQ in the midst of writing my thesis. It didn’t take long before I was scrapping more than writing. The thesis is now a distant memory, and scrap-booking remains as my favourite hobby. I love all things sparkly, but mainly I'm a vintage style girl. However this year - 2012 - I am trying to get out of my comfort zone and use new techniques and styles, I'll get back to you on how that works out...


I look forward to sharing more with you and I hope that you find some inspiration from this blog! Happy Scrapping - Fleur x




Hi I'm Tracey! I've been crafty all my life - as a child I spent many hours with my grandparents making decorations, cards and cross stitching. I started scrapbooking about 8 years ago and became a paper addict straight away. There's nothing better than an afternoon spent scrapping with friends, playing with paper and making pretty pages!


Being lucky enough to work at Scrapbook HQ for 4 years helped to feed my addiction, plus I got share my love with everyone who visited at the store. While helping the SHQ girls to run their retreats, I noticed that people would ask me questions on how to do things and ask for my advice on their layouts. A LOT. I also noticed that I LOVE answering their questions. So much so that I have been known to take 7 hours to complete one page because I'm so busy helping everyone else!


Now I get to fuel my paper addiction with Fleur, organising fun and relaxing weekend retreats and scrap days. I'm an eclectic scrapper - my style changes all the time depending on my mood and the photos that I'm scrapping. I love texture and fussy cutting and embossing and layers and stamping... and I think I better go scrap now! xx Trace*

No comments:

Post a Comment