Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Scrap It: Heidi Swapp September Skies Page 2

Another September Skies page today - this one was done with leftovers (and a few additions) from my last post.

Even though the photos on this page are pretty ordinary, this was definitely a moment that I wanted to remember, with a story to record. I was lucky to meet Heidi Swapp in 2013 at the Paper Crafts Festival, where she demoed her Color Shine skills practically straight off the plane from a 14 hour flight! The ease with which she handle the Color Shine, and the amazing results, blew my mind!


I was lucky to be able to take one of Heidi's demo samples, which she kindly signed before posing for a photo. The combination of the terrible lighting/bad photographer (my otherwise lovely husband) have lead to photos that most people might choose to delete. But I'm a fan of candid shots, and if they are the only photos from the event, I say, scrap them anyway!


I used Teal Color Shine  on the white cardstock before a layered the September Skies paper. I thought it would be really neat to use the piece of resist paper that Heidi signed as one of the layers, and because all of her products coordinate, the colours matched beautifully!


I fussy cut a few elements from the patterned papers, and used foam tape to mix them in with the die cuts and acetate pieces from the September Skies Ephemera pack. After adding a sticker from one of my Buzz Words packs, and a few carefully placed drops of Georgia Peach Color Shine and Black Marble Dylusions, and the layout was complete!



Happy Scrapping

Tracey xx


Supplies for this layout: Bazzill Cardstock 'Lily White'; Heidi Swapp September Skies papers Midnight Shadows, Mountain Trail, Afternoon Breeze; Heidi Swapp 8x8 Resist Paper; September Skies Ephemera Pack; Black & White Buzz Words; Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Georgia Peach & Teal; Dylusions Spray in Black Marble;

No comments:

Post a Comment